Protecting Your Hair from Fall Weather: Tips and Tricks
Protecting your hair during the fall season is essential. The changing weather can bring dryness, frizz, and damage. Check out some tips and tricks to help you safeguard your hair during fall. As always, your neighbors and friends here at Salon Evolve are here to help you! Please call us to talk about any frustrations you have with your hair, and be paired with one of our 12 different stylists who are full of information and solutions, just waiting to help!!
1. Hydrate Your Hair AND Your Body: Up your moisture intake to combat the drier fall air. It's always best to start from the inside-out, but take advantage of the many hydrating shampoos, conditioners, and hair masks/protectors that we have in stock to keep your locks well-moisturized.
2. Deep Conditioning: Incorporate deep conditioning treatments into your hair care routine at LEAST every-other wash to replenish lost moisture and nourishment from your hair. Consider using a deep conditioning mask like our best selling Indulge Masque. Also use our number one seller Elixir 11 after EVERY wash, as a leave-in conditioner and anti-aging treatment.
3. Limit Heat Styling: Reduce the use of heated styling tools like straighteners and curling irons, as they can cause further damage and dryness to weakened hair. Embrace natural styles like braids, buns, or twists to keep your hair safe from external factors like wind and harsh weather conditions. And always use heat protectant sprays when styling.
*Pro-tip: Use a layer of heat protectant for each layer of heat-styling you use!
4. Get Regular Trims: Schedule regular hair trims to get rid of split ends and keep your hair healthy. Trimming helps prevent further damage and promotes hair growth. If you think about it, once the hair splits at the end, it only keeps splitting farther up the shaft- more rapidly than you'd think!
Make the most out of your service by adding on a 10-minute scalp massage to really invigorate, and exfoliate, and relax your body to promote healthy turnover and growth.
Reserve your haircut here.
5. Avoid Over-washing: Avoid excessive hair washing as it can strip your hair of natural oils. Instead, wash your hair a few times a week and use dry shampoo in between washes.
6. Use a Wide-Toothed Comb or a Wetbrush: After washing, use a wide-toothed comb to gently detangle your hair. This helps prevent breakage and minimizes stress on wet hair. Shop in-store at Salon Evolve for a wide selection of brushes created with your hair's health in mind!
7. Use a Silk Pillowcase: Consider using a silk or satin pillowcase, which is gentler on your hair and reduces friction, minimizing frizz and breakage.
By following these tips and tricks, you 're well on your way to keeping your hair protected and healthy this Fall. As always, please contact us either by phone or email to get a personalized treatment plan to suit your own unique needs!
214 W Ridge Pike, Royersford, PA 19468