- Salon Evolve
TIPS TO PROTECT YOUR HAIR IN THE SUN
Summer is a great time of year for warm and beautiful weather, longer days that feed us lots of vitamin D and our skin gets tanned and it makes us feel good all over.
However, your hair sometimes can take a toll from enjoying too much sun. Chlorine, salt water, and sun can be damaging to your hair; therefore, you need to take the right precautions to keep your hair healthy and shiny. Here’s a just few tips to follow:
1. Always soak your hair in tap water, bottle water, or any type of fresh water before taking a dip in the pool or ocean. Your hair only absorbs water so much, therefore if it’s already wet, it won’t absorb the chlorine water or salt water.
2. Use Elixir 11 before and after going into the sun, sea, or pool. Elixir has sunscreen in it to protect your strands from heat damage. It’s also a leave in conditioner so it helps with any damage from salt water or chlorine.
3. Clarify your hair once a week! Clarifying shampoo takes all build up out of your hair.
4. Use a deep conditioner, like the indulge mask afterwards to keep your hair moisturized and soft!
5. If you feel like your hair is just not coming back from summer damage, try a deep conditioning treatment. These treatments can add protein back to your hair and add moisture and shine. It will also help keep your hair softer and more manageable. – You can use these all year long.
6. Avoid heat styling during the summer as much as possible. Being in the sun and water is already damaging, adding heat will only make the damage worse.
7. Lastly, don’t forget about frequent trims for your hair to keep your ends looking neat & clean!